Tuesday 2 December 2008

Comments after finishing the preliminary task from Mori

I feel the preliminary task went very well. Everything went according to plan.
I firstly chose my actors, I took my actors, a male and a female to the room where i was to be filming. I then gave them a brief outline of what they had to do and say, showing them the script at the same time. I then proceeded to film the piece, giving the actors instructions when something wasn't as i wanted it to be. I shot more film than i thought i needed and this gave me an edge once i got the film back onto the computer and started to edit what i had shot.
I am very glad with my editing, I am confident in this area of film making so i was able to throw away any bad film. I am also pleased with the two actors, they responded and preformed as i had hoped.
I also used one prop just to make the video that little bit more believeable, a coat was used to show who the teacher was, rather than her wearing school uniform.
The way i brought meaning to my film was by giving the actors different personalities or moods which meant that any viewer could understand the story more clearly.
To film this piece i used a video camera and a tripod. The tripod was very effective as it meant that i could keep the camera steady as well as filming pan or tracking shots and also high angle shots.
All in all i am very pleased with how my preliminary task went and i am ready to move on to the main coursework movie with my partner Aaron.

No comments: